OEG is hiring!
May 10, 2021
Are you looking for a summer job?
Is climate action important to you?
Do you want to help Guelph achieve its goal of net zero carbon by 2050?
Do you want some great experience with an innovative organization?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, please apply! OEG is recruiting for three summer positions, all of which have the following in common:
|Working hours per week||35|
|Start date||Monday, June 7, 2021|
|Option to extend||Four additional weeks with potential for part-time work during the school year (contingent on receipt of additional funding)|
|Languages required||English (spoken and written)|
|Title of supervisor||Executive Director|
|Supervisor will provide:||Job-specific training
Work, instructions and tasks
Evaluation of work
Support for skills development
Access to learning material
Contacts/introductions to aid in future career opportunities
|Job location:||Work from home, unless pandemic restrictions are relaxed enough to allow at least partial in-office work|
|Application deadline:||Friday, May 21, 2021 5:00PM ET|
This position will support the Executive Director in developing and implementing a dynamic communications strategy for OEG and the Property-Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) program. This role will create engaging content to bring awareness of the PACE program to external audiences. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Own content creation relating specifically to blogs, video, webinars, email, press releases, podcasts, etc.
- Write content for the monthly newsletter
- Release communications material both externally and internally
- Manage Search Engine Optimization (SEO) where you are structuring our content to appear for specific search terms
- Create content pieces by researching specific topics and turning those into consumable pieces for intended audiences
- Research new content ideas based on industry analysis and keyword research and present and deploy the new content developed
- Manage the content distribution calendar
- Participate in marketing design work
- Take complex concepts and convey them in a way that is interesting and educational
Administrative Assistant - Office
This position will work closely with the Executive Director to develop and maintain internal administrative systems and processes for OEG. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Organize and maintain OEG documents
- Reorganize file sharing system
- Prepare expense reports for the Executive Director
- Prepare presentations and reports
- Liaise with stakeholders
- Draft internal and external memos
- Other duties as assigned
Youth Development Coordinator
This position will develop outreach and promotion initiatives targeted at youth. OEG recognizes the impact of the next generation and strives to be a key facilitator for youth and energy initiatives in our city. This role will work in OEG's Education, Communication, Outreach and Awareness program in conjunction with the My World, My Choice! student organization. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop strategies for youth engagement for climate change in Guelph
- Support the creation of marketing material targeting youth
- Develop and implement youth outreach strategy
- Support research and development initiatives
- Design school engagement initiatives
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.