Community Energy Sectoral Scan
Our Energy Guelph commissioned a research project to examine the state of community energy planning. Fortunately OEG co-chair, Dr. Kirby Calvert, co-leads the Community Energy Knowledge Action Partnership (CEKAP), which is one of the foremost collaborations on the topic. This excellent fit made it possible to perform world-class research economically within the scope of the CEI update.
The research was delivered in five parts, listed below.
- FROM STRATEGIC PLANNING TO IMPLEMENTATION PLANNING: A review of emerging standards in community energy planning to support Phase 1 of Guelph’s Community Energy Initiative Update
- PLACING THE ‘COMMUNITY’ IN COMMUNITY ENERGY PLANNING: Translating community consultations into visions and targets for Guelph’s Updated Community Energy Initiative
- A Primer on Stakeholder Engagement in Community Energy Planning
- A database of enabling policies and programs
- A database of ways that other single-tier municipal governments in Ontario have participated in CEP implementation
Previous page: Research and response
Next page: Baseline and Business-As-Usual Report