Launch Building Code Team
There are two key ways that building codes could play a role in meeting CEI objectives:
- Direct influence on the Ontario Building Code and/or the Model National Energy Code for Buildings, with the objective of making provisions for energy efficiency and on-site renewable generation more stringent.
- Adoption of Green Development Standards, which effectively specify a more rigorous code for a particular jurisdiction (such as Guelph).
A further consideration is whether the scope of the code is strictly new construction, or whether it includes renovations.
The Building Code Team should include representation from the following stakeholders:
- Contractors – New construction
- Contractors – Renovation
- City of Guelph Building Department
- Building science consultancies
- Utilities (electric and gas)
Previous page: Launch Energy Efficiency Retrofit (Residential and ICI) Team
Next page: Launch PV Net Metering Team