Guelph City Council established the Our Energy Guelph to evaluate Community Energy Initiative (CEI) 10 years after its inception.
Our Energy Guelph aims to attract quality investment, ensure reliable and affordable energy, reduce environmental impact, and enhance Guelph’s competitiveness. To reach these goals, Guelph’s energy plan recommends:
- Committing to a sustainable energy future to make Guelph the place to invest
- Making a variety of reliable, competitive energy, water, and transportation services available to all
- Reducing energy use per capita and resulting greenhouse gas emissions below the current global average
- Using less energy and water per capita than comparable Canadian cities
- Ensuring all publicly-funded investments visibly contribute to meeting these goals
Read more on the history of CEI.